The programme focuses on the following areas:
- Legislation and codes Road Traffic Act (1993) Occupational Health & Safety Act (1993) Road Accident Fund Act (1996)
- Categories of licenses and professional driving permits.
- Relation between road transport and other modes of transport.
- Volume of freight and passengers carried annually.
- Types of freight delivery systems and vehicle configurations used.
- Types of passenger services and vehicles used.
- Cost associated with road transport operations and how it can be reduced.
- Career paths within the road transport industry.